The veterinarians at Elk Meadow Animal Hospital developed this plan to promote wellness care for their patients. We believe it is very important for dogs and cats to have a physical examination performed by a veterinarian every year. Vaccination is also an important part of wellness care, protecting dogs and cats from serious and life threatening diseases. The Free Vaccines For Life (FVFL) Program will help us make sure our patients receive optimal wellness care, while providing significant savings for their families.
Once a dog, cat, puppy, or kitten is enrolled in the FVFL Program,
ALL vaccines that are administered by Elk Meadow Animal Hospital are FREE for life!
- There is a one-time, non-refundable enrollment fee to start the program. This fee is currently $115. The enrollment fee is offered at this price for a limited time.
- The program is not transferrable to other pets or owners.
- Enrollment in this program will not be honored at other veterinarians.
- Once enrolled, pets must be examined by one of the veterinarians at Elk Meadow Animal Hospital per our routine wellness exam schedule for their plan to remain active. Physical exams performed at other hospitals will not count toward this program.
- Adult dogs and cats are due for wellness exams once a year for the FVFL Program to remain active.
- Puppies and kittens are examined every 3 to 4 weeks, until their vaccination series is complete, to remain enrolled in the FVFL Program.
- There is a one month grace period to have your pet examined before the plan becomes inactive. We will send reminders to the pet owner prior to the exam due date, but it is ultimately the owner’s responsibility to have their pet examined and to keep the plan active.
Additional plan information:
- Each pet enrolled in the FVFL Program will receive all recommended vaccines for free throughout their lifetime as long as their plan is active.
- There will be a 30 day grace period following the due date for the wellness exam. The program will be considered null and void after 30 days following the due date of the wellness exam. At that time the pet may be re-enrolled, or vaccines can be paid for at the time they are given.
- Physical exams performed at other hospitals will not count toward this program.
- Not all pets are due for every vaccine every year. We follow vaccination protocols designed by the American Animal Hospital Association. One of our veterinarians will discuss the vaccine recommendations for your pet with you. Vaccine recommendations are based on the species, age, and risk factors of each animal.
- Vaccines that are included in this program for dogs are Rabies, Distemper-Adenovirus-Parvovirus, Bordetella-Parainfluenza, and Leptospirosis.
- Vaccines that are included in this program for cats are Rabies, Rhinotracheitis-Calicivirus-Panleukopenia, and Feline Leukemia. In order to receive the Feline Leukemia vaccine as part of this program, cats must have proof of a negative feline leukemia test.
- Noncore vaccines (such as Giardia) or vaccines that are not recommended for pets in this geographical region (such as Lyme) are not covered by this program.
- Fees for all other products and services such as feline leukemia/FIV testing, heartworm testing, intestinal parasite testing, etc are not covered by this program. Payment for additional treatments or products is required at time of service.
Frequently asked questions:
• How much does it cost to enroll my pet? Is it the same cost to enroll a dog or a cat?
What about a puppy or kitten?
Enrollment in the FVFL Program is currently $115. The enrollment fee is the same for all animals, regardless of species or age.
If your pet is due for a wellness exam at the time of enrollment, you will pay the enrollment fee ($115) and the exam fee ($50) on that visit.
If your pet has been examined by a veterinarian at Elk Meadow Animal Hospital within the required timeframe (within the last 12 months for an adult) you will only have to pay the enrollment fee when your pet is signed up.
• How often do puppies or kittens need to be examined and how much will this cost?
Puppies and kittens are examined every 3 to 4 weeks during their vaccine series. The first exam is the standard wellness exam price ($50). The additional examinations are discounted to $30 per exam. An example:
For an 8 week old puppy or kitten:
1st exam $50 plus enrollment fee $115 (8 week visit)
2nd exam $30 (11-12 week visit)
3rd exam $30 (15-16 week visit)
Cost of entire puppy series: $225
(Diagnostics or treatments like intestinal parasite screening, heartworm testing, de-worming, etc are additional.)
• How often do adult dogs or cats need to be examined and how much will this cost?
After 1 year of age dogs and cats will receive a wellness exam once every 12 months to remain active in this program. Examinations performed by veterinarians other than Elk Meadow Animal Hospital will not be accepted for the FVFL Program. You will be responsible for the cost of the wellness exam at the time of the visit (currently $50).
• What about older animals?
We recommend any animal older than 10 years have a physical exam performed every 6 months. However, the FVFL Program only requires physical exams once a year for the plan to remain active.
• What is your recommended vaccine schedule for adult dogs?
We recommend vaccinating all adult dogs for Rabies and the DAP (Distemper-Adenovirus-Parvovirus) combination every 3 years. Dogs that are at risk for Leptospirosis receive this vaccine every 12 months. Dogs that are at risk for kennel cough will be given the Bordetella-Parainfluenza vaccine every 6 to 12 months.
• What is your recommended vaccine schedule for adult cats?
We recommend vaccinating all adult cats for RCP (Rhinotracheitis-Calicivirus-Panleukopenia) every 3 years. Adult cats are vaccinated for Rabies once every 12 months. Cats that are at risk for Feline Leukemia are vaccinated for this virus every 12 months after being tested for Feline Leukemia. We use the safest feline rabies and feline leukemia vaccines on the market today. The Feline Leukemia/FIV test is an in-house blood test. The cost of the test is not included in the FVFL Program.
• Are these prices going to change?
We reserve the right to change the enrollment fee at any time. Once enrolled, you will not have to pay an enrollment fee again unless you let your pet’s membership lapse. If your pet is not examined per the FVFL Program schedule you can re-enroll your pet, but the enrollment fee may no longer be $115. We reserve the right to raise our wellness exam fee, not to exceed 2% per year.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the FVFL Program!!!
Our staff members will be happy to assist you.